What Is Telesales Executive? All You Need To Know — NeoDove
Be it eating, working or simply talking on-the-go, the phrase is only growing in popularity with modern technology.
With changes in society, businesses have had to adapt accordingly to reach customers and make sales.
This is where careers as telesales executives or representatives have seen a rise in popularity.
In this article, you will gain new insights about telesales and what is telesales executive. Moreover, we will also explore if going for a telesales job is a good choice and more.
What is Telesales?
Telesales refers to the process of selling a product or service over the telephone.
If you’re hoping to go into a career in telesales, you have to be well prepared. Your day will involve talking to a lot of prospective customers over the phone. In fact, these conversations often play a key role in encouraging people to purchase your product.
Why is Telesales Important?
Telesales plays a vital role by combining communication and sales skills alongside customer service knowledge.
There are two categories of telesales — inbound and outbound . In inbound telesales, sales reps respond to calls from current and potential customers. In contrast, outbound telesales handles ringing prospects in order to generate sales.
Check out: Complete Guide on Telesales
What does being a telesales executive involve?
Telesales executives are agents who work in call centers or are a part of a company’s telecalling team. They use inbound and outbound telephone calls to persuade and convince customers to purchase a company’s products and services.
Let’s now take a look at what a telesales executive job description would consist of:
The Role of a Telesales Executive
A telesales executive job role comes with a lot of responsibilities. Some of them include:
- Calling current as well as prospective customers to persuade them into purchasing your company’s products and services.
- Being able to accurately record and keep track of details regarding customer purchase orders.
- Being able to process all the customers’ purchases correctly.
- To generate more leads for the on-field sales team to follow up on.
- Maintaining customer accounts and ensuring current customers are satisfied with the company’s products or services.
- Using sales scripts given by the company to further drive sales and respond to rejections by customers.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge about customer products and services. They can then make appropriate recommendations based on specific customer needs and their preferences.
- The ability to always meet or even exceed daily and monthly targets with regard to call volume and sales.
Telesales Executive Job Description
Y ou must be able to work in a stressful environment as well as possess excellent skills . You must maintain highly accurate customer records in case they need to be referred to in the future.
3 things you must keep in mind to be a successful telesales executive:
- Remember to be persuasive. In addition to this, you should be able to work in high-pressure situations.
- Maintain a strong adherence to the given sales scripts.
- Equip yourself with excellent communication, negotiation as well as customer skills.
Is Telesales a Rewarding Job?
Telesales representative jobs require employees to follow the 3 P’s — patience, persuasiveness and persistence.
4 Reasons You Should Consider a Job in Telesales
1. A chance to learn and develop skills that will only enhance your professional growth
Furthermore, this strong connection with the brand allows you to establish different business models, promotions and marketing methods. These will prove to be invaluable in time.
2. You have the ability to set your own paycheck
This is perhaps one of the biggest perks of a job that involves selling products/services by phone.
Based on your results, you have the possibility of doubling or even tripling your base salary as a result of several performance bonuses.
3. A chance to improve your communication and negotiation skills
A professional in telesales will therefore have social advantages by becoming adept at negotiation as well as persuasion.
4. Training sessions and many chances for constant professional development
One of the most valuable things in a workplace is the opportunity to grow on a constant basis. A telesales job requires someone who would embrace the career and learn about products in depth.
This is the reason why many telesales employees undergo a lot of training sessions.
Quite frankly, a career in telesales can actually act as a very helpful stepping stone into the business world. It can even lead to further promotion into field sales as well as other key roles.
In fact, once you plant your roots in telesales, it can equip you with many necessary skills to succeed in business.
Is Working in Telesales Hard?
Telesales can be a stepping stone to a world of new opportunities. However, it’s not always easy-breezy.
On one hand, there are many hardships working in the telesales industry. As a telesales executive, there can be pressure to hit your sales targets. Moreover, you’re highly likely to encounter more than a fair share of upset or uninterested callers.
On the other hand, there is so much to be gained. As you’ve seen above, there are various interpersonal skills that you can obtain through this field. Not to mention, the wonders it can do for your self-confidence.
In all honesty, a job in telesales can be quite challenging. However, it is up to you to make the most of it.
Overall, telesales can be classified as the act of selling products and services over the telephone. It can also be concluded that being a telesales executive or a telesales representative requires a lot of skills.
You must have exceptional communication skills coupled with customer service skills in order to close the most sales possible.
Now that you have learnt more about telesales, you can decide for yourself if a career in telesales is worth pursuing!
Originally published at https://neodove.com on July 16, 2022.